Sunday, January 22, 2012

NOX - Százszor ölelj még!

HUG ME MORE

 


Great song about love from NOX (lead singer: Szilvia Péter Szabó), the 2005 Eurovision song contest participant from Hungary, with its typical style which is a mix of electro pop and traditional hungarian folk tunes. The clip is nothing special, but the lyrics and the mood of the song are just great.

Százszor ölelj még!

Szívem táján újra nyár van, - It's summer again in my heart,
Csupa virág hét határban-, - Full of flowers,
Legszebb szálját hajamba fűztem, - The most beautiful one I've put to my hair,
Lássák, van már szerelmem! - So they will see, I have someone who loves me!

Álmomban így kívántam-, - In my dream I wished so,
Egyedül én mindig fáztam - Alone I was always freezing,
Érted égek gyönyörű tűzben, - You understand I live in a wonderful fire for you,
Minden könnyet feledtem. - All the tears forgotten.

Százszor ölelj még! - Hug me hundred more times!
Csókkal bezárt titok lennék - I will be a secret closed by a kiss,
Százszor szeress még! - Love me hundred more times!
Mást hogy szeretnék?! - How could I love someone else?!
Százszor ölelj még! - Hug me hundred times!
Édes-csodás bűnbe esnék - Into a sweet and lovely sin i'm fallin,
Százszor szeress még! - Love me hundred more times!
Mást hogy szeretnék?! - How could I love someone else?!

Szívem táján újra nyár van, - It's summer again in my heart,
Csodavilág, napsugárban-, - wonderworld in the sunrise,
Csókok, csöndek, dalok a fűben, - Kisses, silence, songs in the grass,
Éld át mindet szerelmem! - Experience all my love!

Álmomban így kívántam, - In my dream I wished so,
Vigyen az út mindig párban - Take the route always together,
Sorsod láncát magamra fűztem, - Your destiny is chained to mine,
Téged kell hát szeretnem! - So I must love you!


See more from Szilvia singing the famous hungarian poem from Bródy János "Ha én rózsa volnék - If I were a rose" Péter Szabó Szilvia - Ha én rózsa volnék.

Ha én rózsa volnék translation:

If i were a rose, i would not bloom just once,
every year i would blossom four times,
once for the young man, once for the young woman,
once for the true love and once for their final passing.

If i were a gate, i would stand wide open,
come from where they may, i would let anyone through.
I would never ask, "tell me who sent you?"
i would simply be glad if all could enter.

If i were a window i would be so wide,
that the whole world could be seen though me,
people would look through with understanding,
nothing would be hidden.

If i were a small street i would always be clean,
every evening, i would be bathed in clear light,
and if, some day, steel girders crushed the life from me,
even the earth beneath me would mourn in desolation.

If i were a national flag, i'd never wave in anger,
winds from all directions could never provoke me.
I would be stretched out, stiffly,
never a slave to the direction of the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment